Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Rapunzel cake

Every year she chooses her birthday cake about 360 days before her birthday! So, i had been anticipating the Rapuzel cake for quite sometime. I knew I wanted the cake to be all about the hair. I googled a  "rapunzel" image in black and white and this is the one I fell in love with. I loved that her buddy "paskal" was on her shoulder. A couple days before i began laying out the foundation for the cake in my mind. The head is an 8 inch round, the hair is half a cake mix in a 9x13 pan (so it was thin) the body was half a square pan (so it was the same width as the hair) Her chameleon friends is a cupcake split in half and just shifted to the right to give the illusion of a head and body. Then you can see I kindof used leftover cake pieces to construct the hair so that it fell nicely to match with the 9x13 cake.
I was pretty hesitant at painting the face. I'm artistic, but it's still risky to paint with frosting. I think it turned out okay. It's no disney scetch artist but my little 6 year old (and husband) were very impressed. And the cake was delicious which is always hit or miss with these.



1 comment:

  1. I always love seeing your cakes. As always I love it. Your art classes have served you well, that face looks amazing. Happy Birthday to Chloe! i always think of Chloe around Kate's birthday and think how fun it would be to see them together.

    ReplyDelete