Tuesday, February 19, 2013

upcycle updated girls spring easter dress

This dress. It was pretty in those delicate pastel-oldfashioned-so-not-me-way. I loved the dresses shape and I didn't want to but a new Easter dress for my 3 year old so here we go.
I went to Joann and chose a ribbon that would act as the belted waist for the new dress. I found a matching embroidery floss. 
Step 1: remove those pink roses from the pink belt on dress #1. 
Step 2: Hand sew new pink center right atop the old light pink rose center in dress #1
Step3: My new belt is actually 3 ribbons to get that effect seen in dress #2. You just lay one and two ribbon next to each other and sew down. The carefully sew the next ribbon on top. The ribbon puckered on the edges much to my happy surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment